West Sussex County Council will be up for election on Thursday 6th May 2021. WSCC is currently Conservative-dominated, and failing, with:
- Two U-turns over ill-thought out cuts to Highways gritting routes and weed control.
- Failures in Highways procurement (taking one contract and making it into 5-6), costing residents £4million in a legal claim from a contractor.
- Failures in Children's Services, which was rated as inadequate and failing vulnerable children in 2019, with the Department for Education saying failures were "systemic and prolonged".
- Failures in the Fire and Rescue Service, described as having a "litany of problems" by inspectors who found shortcomings in "every area".
- Paid off the Chief Executive with a quarter of a million pounds on his departure and lost its Conservative leader of ten years, both of whom presided over the failures.
- County Council tax rise of 4.99% in Apr 2021.
Your help, support and votes will be important in the run up to the elections on 6th May 2021.
The council needs new leadership and to stop being run by a small, but powerful, cabinet of Conservative members.